Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Welcome To "MI" Home!


Welcome to my blog! This is my first attempt at blogging. So, I beg your patience.

My purpose is to share my own garden with others who also enjoy gardening.  I love reading other people's blogs that pertain to gardening, nature, preservation, cooking and health.  So I thought, "Why not share my garden as well?"

I don't pretend that this will be a particularly new topic for a blog, but I hope that it will be unique if for no other reason than that no two gardens are the same.

This spring, 2015, we (my husband, dog and I) moved to our new home on Clifford Lake in Brighton, Michigan. The moving-in process took some time, and I was unable to do much gardening this year.  I managed only to plant the wild roses that I have moved from my mother's house after she passed away to my previous house, and now to this one, a couple rugosa roses, a liberty apple tree, a dwarf mulberry tree and two dwarf pear trees.  Everything else was here before I  moved in.
A view of our home from the opposite side of the lake.  The fall color was astounding this year! :)


The garden that I inherited from the previous owner is very nice.  Someone had paid to have a brick pathway installed through the yard and down to the area in front of the sea wall on the lake. There are a couple well-established yew hedges, a couple burning bush, many Stella D'oro daylilies, some irises, some hostas, a few roses and other perennials.  It is currently a garden that is strictly decorative, and looks its best in June. I hope to take it to the next level: multi-season beauty combined with edible landscaping and some beneficial-insect-friendly plants.

To realize my goal, I have continued to research plants and gardening online, listen to several gardening podcasts, browse seed/plant catalogs and *drum roll please* am taking a master gardener course through Michigan State University Extension starting this January!! (I am very excited about this!)

I plan to share what I learn with you all via this blog, and hope that it will be of use.  Thank you for taking the time to read this! Please visit us again!

Have 1 sec.? Please click the “follow” or share buttons (g+, Facebook, pintrest) to the right of the blog text to share or follow this blog.

Have 2 mins.? Click the “comments” (sometimes it says “no comments”) link at the bottom of the article and share your own ideas on this topic. I would LOVE to hear from you!

Have $? Click the donate buttons to the right to help humanity!

Broke? Donate blood to Red Cross.  Click the link under the donate  section to find out how. Or, click the "Greater Good" link under the donate section. On that site there are "give" buttons that cost you nothing but a glimpse at some advertisements, and still donate to charity.  Also, consider donating your time to a local charity this year.

As always, thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment